loading...

12 passive-aggressive phrases that destroy your business

16:23 Unknown 0 Comments

I have said that I am a passive-aggressive. And I really did not understand until I started to evaluate some of the "destructive" words he used.

If you've ever faced with an act of this kind you will never know that the best way to resolve a conflict.

Being passive-aggressive is frustrating for both sides, because besides being unproductive, makes others stop trusting you in your workplace and in your relationship.

After allowing my behavior destroyed some of my relationships, I decided to do something about it.

Then 12 passive aggressive phrases -and their true meaning- you can start fighting in a more productive manner.

1. "Okay"

My best friend was the one who made me see the reality of this phrase. "Realize, when someone tells you that everything" is well "turns out to be quite the opposite.

Signe Whitson in Psychology Today says that a "passive-aggressive" person uses phrases like this to experesar anger (indirectly) and to put any emotional communication barrier.

2. "Do not worry"

Actually, yes you are worried. In Thought Catalog, Christine Schoenwald said that phrase translates into:

"I'm saying that not have to worry, but what they really mean is 'fuck you', but I will not say until it explodes against you."

3. "If you really want to do ..."

This may first sound "comforting" but do not fool yourself. When you say that you're being evasive. It might seem that you agree with the plan, but inside you're not amazed. This would indicate that not only want the other person is upset and do not know how to communicate those feelings.

4. "Thank you in advance"

Another phrase that might seem innocent, but what they really mean is that you are expecting people to do what you want and hey, this can heal your relationship with the person.

5. "I was surprised / confused ..."

When you hear or read this, you can tell that the person is disguising criticism or simply are unhappy not being in the front.

Jennifer Winter mentioned in The Muse who had a partner who was using a lot of these phrases to "soften their criticism." This made Winter will begin to ignore all comments.

6. "I'm not angry"

This was what destroyed my relationship with my ex-wife. I never expressed how I really felt, now I learned to speak up and be honest.

The same thing happens at work: yes, the person is angry even when he says no.

When I use this phrase I feel I'm not being honest, you also avoid it and learn to express your feelings.

7. "Whatever"

I once had a discussion with a friend for this word in a text message. When I read the "as is" I got so angry, I knew I did care and they just said not to continue with the discussion.

So you know, use this resource will only make both angry even more.

8. "So ...?"

How one word can change the whole context, do not you think? Maybe it's because after this followed a comment something "annoying".

So ... did you get my email?

Clearly it understood that you're bit annoying because you have not responded, and that is a problem of honesty.

If only it is said to say, the conversation becomes uncomfortable because it is understood that the person does not know how to start. When I hear someone applies and there is an awkward pause I have the irresistible urge to say, "then ... what?" For so get out of that awkward moment.

9. "I was wondering if ..."


This phrase is seen when the person is doing a not so reasonable request. It is like

"I was wondering if ... you'd be in town tomorrow and you could pick up my brother from the subway station?"

Even when you're in town, the station can be located far from where you are. In other words, this person knows that he should not be asking this favor, but still they are doing.

Although eye! Also keep in mind that people can use these words to invite somewhere.

10. "Just kidding"

Sarcasm is one of the most passive-aggressive manifestations. If this person makes a comment that makes you sad and effectively, you sad, it was no joke. Really he meant what he said and is trying to "cover their feelings."

11. "Hopefully worthwhile"

This phrase can not be more obvious. The person who says it does not want to do anything, but is a "warning" that still will. Instead of expressing their real concern they will leave this passive-aggressive message until the real problem becomes.

12. "Comments?"

In most cases this phrase can be anything harmful, but in some cases it can also be used to show that someone made a mistake in something like: "We need to discuss your performance today, comments?"

Any comments about this article? What other phrases consider passive aggressive? I'm not angry, just dímelas.


0 comments: